Giving Seasoned Travellers the Best Quality Suspension for the Safest Fastest Travel And more independence with some luxury touches!
If your budget can afford the best off-road performance and independence, the Kimberley Platinum Model is the one!
The Kimberley Platinum camper trailer has the suspension and the ability to take the heaviest load for a camper trailer, yet travel at good speed.
In addition to this, it has several features to make it one of the most "independent" camper trailers available.
It's off-road ability is not because the chassis is any different to the Classic model. In fact, all the chassisies are the same construction. It is because of the hub discs and the suspension.
The serious engineers out there know that the secret to having the most robust and yet best tuned suspension is to have the lowest "unsprung weight". The combination of hub discs and air bag suspension is less than half the weight of the electric drum brakes and coli suspension.
The weight of the wheels and tyres are also an equal factor.
This is why the best touring 4WD's have the lightest weight hub discs, air bag suspension, alloy wheels and the lightest tyres for the job.
What are the advantages of having the absolute lowest "unsprung weight" in suspension?
- Travel smoothly over corrugations
- More control if air-borne after a tricky grid or unforseen bump
- Better braking on difficult corners
- Higher safer travel speed (within speed limits of course)
- Safer braking in wet conditions
- Adjustable height for different trailer loads (like boats or second water tanks)
- Easier travel with swing away items on the rear like outboards and second spare wheels
What are the key Independence features of the Platinum Model?
- 70W Optima Black Solar permanently connected solar on the front gullwing is constantly charging the batteries as long as their is sunlight
- 70W portable Optima Black solar that stores inside the front gullwing lid.
- Long life AGM batteries for 210Ahrs of capacity with a 40Amp charger
- Long life diesel hot water system. The 3.5L tank will last about a month.
- 12V Membrane heater under the mattress. Operate this heater all day while solar power is available to have a nice dry mattress with retained heat at body temperature.
- Smart touch energy metering to see exactly what solar capacity is achieved on any day as well as the state of the battery capacity.
- Smart touch water level metering to see exactly what water levels are in the primary and or secondary tank if fitted.
Download the 2017 Brochure for Prices and specs of Platinum starts at $59,990**
Kimberley's goal is to have the best price for a given specification. So we have checked this specification and price** and it is way better
published price of any Off Road Camper Trailer to a similar Spec (as of today).
We even beat the budget camper trailer builders who use Chinese tents at this price when all their add-ons are totalled to try to meet this Spec. Go Aussie, Go Australian!!!
**This price is ex-factory in Ballina. Price Excludes Dealer & Delivery charges. Specifications and inclusiona may change. Please consult your dealer.
Option Prices shown in the Detailed Pricebook Download on the right of the panel above..
Visit or talk with a Dealer now!
You will get:
- Kimberley Innovation
- Kimberley Quality
- Kimberley After Sales Support
- 5 Year Chassis Warranty
- Australian Designed and Manufactured in Ballina NSW
Click on the image below for our free ebooks
Hub Discs with Air suspension
This camper trailers is fitted with Disc Brakes with Electronic power assisted control from the vehicle.
The shock absorbers are mono-tube which have approx double the heat dissipation compared to the conventional twin-tube shock absorbers, yet they are half the weight!
Premium Air Bags
The air bags are more than the usual plastic mounted type:
- Alloy Body
- Xmas Treee secondary bump stop inside to limp home without air
- Dual spring rate premium design
- Spare air-bag included with this at no extra charge
Power assisted Disc Brakes and one touch parking brake
The air bags are more than the usual plastic mounted type:
- Usual brake controller in vehicle
- power assisted increased hydraulic pressure to 1200PSI
- twice the stopping power of electric drum technology
- One touch to apply parking brake, no levers to pull!
Delta Gullwing Front Storage Box
This is a large 1500L aluminium storage box with three seperate storage areas. The included Fridge slide suits most 80L fridges and some 110L models. Slide out Pantry for plenty of food storage as well as cooking pots / pans and general foodstuffs.
Another 1.8 sq m of storage space
There is hidden space on top of the Kimberley Gullwing which is invaluable for families:
- Tie down a spare tyre
- tie down a canvas rack sak
- carry your firewood here
More than a Fridge Slide
Not only is our fridge slide all alloy with ball bearing slides (locking) but also included is:
- deep tray that contains any spills
- fan exhaust system (patented) that extracts the heat generated by the fridge and takes new air in through a filter system.
- 12V power outlet for the fridge
- locking slide
120L Water Tank
Polythylene water tank mounted at the rear of the camper trailer. Features heavy duty aluminium shield which holds it in place. (Photo shows Optional Water Tank Outlet Tap - not included)
Patented Visi-flow: Pump from stream or billabong
Pump from a stream or billabong and bypass the on board water tanks
Diesel Hot Water System
This gives you hot & cold water in the kitchen sink and outside shower. The system is very efficient because it uses diesel and a small amount of power.
The Visiflow Hot Water System and enjoy endless hot water as you can pump from a stream or billabong with up to 4m of head.
Cooker Slide with pantry
Constructed from powder-coated strengthened alloy the Pantry base rivets to the bottom of the Delta box and slides out on high quality roller bearing slides.
- 2 separate storage areas - medium upper and large deep lower section exposed when pantry is pulled out.
- roller bearing slides lock in for travel and lock out when in use
- includes a "2-burner with Griller" cooker
- alternative is the stainless steel BBQ as shown in the photo
- includes the large Wok Burner - 15Mj of LPG energy in a single cooker
Kitchen Slide Storage
Part of the stunning "U Shaped" kitchen, there is plenty of room for utensils, crockery and food. Compartments are especially designed to suit plates, utensils etc.
- easy clean stainless steel construction
- segmented compartments for dedicated storage to prevent items moving around excessively
- cutlery drawer & long utensil drawer
- crockery compartment
- food / miscellaneous compartment
- water & dust sealed
Accessible Rear Underbed Storage
- Accessible when Kamper is closed
- Pulls out through tail gate
- stainless steel
- recess for table to be loaded under end of drawer
Accessible Front Generator and Jerry can Storage
- Generator storage shelf
- Jerry Can storage shelf
- Additional storage under both
- Shelf made of lightweight cast polyethylene
Smart Touch Control Panel inside Gullwing Lid
This smart touch control panel is located under the Gullwing lid on the kitchen side. It operates with the same ease as a smart phone:
- A screen view of the solar energy flow
- A screen view of the internal consumption of energy
- A digital view of Battery voltage and capacity
- A graphic view of Water tank level(s)
- Switches for control of lights and water pumps
- Alarms that are user settable for any function
- Optional radio and MP3 player shown
Waterless Eco-friendly Toilet Option
The waterless toilet stores perfectly in the front Gullwing:
- Up to 80 Uses
- Has constant fan operation to accelerate composting process
- Odour free
Waterless Eco-friendly Toilet
There is an optional Toilet Suite which is larger than the normal ensuite:
- Toilet is placed on carry base and fan exhaust connected
- Privacy screen to shower
The concealed stainless steel dining bench is large and so convenient
- Shows hot and cold water plumbed into sink
- LED light at the sink
- Concealed Bench "pulls out" on ball bearing slides
- Separate LED light at dining bench
- Dual Tea towel drying racks
- Perfect height for most camping chairs!
The patented LED lighting system in the roof of the Kamper
- Switched at end of Bed
- Flexible LEDs embedded in a silicon Kimberley Mould
- LED lights for readin as well
- Controlled to run at high colour temperature to minimise insects
Extended Tent with Kwik Awning
Our extended tent gives you more useable floor space - enough for a small table with chairs or use the space as a quick place for the kids to sleep
If you are touring around and only setting up camp for short stays, our 2.0 x 6.7m Kwik Awning is perfect for you. This can be erected with no ground poles and can be folded away with the Kamper for a quick pack up. This is the longest awning in the industry!
Second Bedroom Ready
The Classic has a zip sewn into the rear tent wall so that it is ready to accept one of our super quick zip-on kids bedrooms.
As shown above with optional bedroom - As shown above with optional bedroom - Plenty of room for 2-3 children. Bedroom zips on to rear of tent. Safe for kids as only acces is through rear of tent body.
210Ah AGM Batteries, stainless steel tie-down straps, galvanized tray
Deep Cycle AGM Batteries are very different from starting batteries. They have much thicker lead plates and are measured in Amphour capacity.
- Absolutely maintenance free
- no acid to check
- no topping up with water
- saving on maintenance costs
- no maintenance errors
40A Battery Charger
The standard charger is a 40A Intelligent multi-stage charger. This is a true “connect and forget” chargers. Once the charger has completed its charging cycle, it drops to a safe “float” voltage to maintain the batteries charge. It monitors charging voltage, current and time to make a truly smart decision about when to stop charging. The output of the charger is also perfect for all sensitive DC applications like computers and mobile phone chargers.
25W Front Mount Solar Panel & MPPT
- 25W Mono-crystalline panel
- Mounted on top of front lid on Delta box front storage box
- Helps keep batteries charged when in storage
- 10A MPPT gives maximum power performance from the solar array 100W-solar-panel-gullwing-storage-bracket
100W Front Mount Solar Panel & MPPT
- 100W Mono-crystalline panel
- Mounted in a cartridge inside the Delta box front storage box
- Produces a total of 8-10A combined with the 25W solar
- 20A MPPT gives maximum power performance from the solar array
Some Popular options to consider
It slides in on the drivers side so is in addition to the other cooking options.